Author Topic: Substance re-rendering textures all the time with Maya / V-Ray  (Read 411 times)

Hi there,

I'm using V-Ray Next for Maya update 2.2 with Maya 2020.1 and Substance in Maya 2.1.4 on macOS 10.15.4. It's generally working great, with one major caveat: the Substance plugin is re-rendering its textures far more often than is necessary, which slows down my Maya workflow. Specifically:

- whenever I open a project in Maya that uses Substance materials, all of the materials get re-rendered
- whenever I batch render a sequence (in my case with V-Ray Distributed Rendering), the Substance plug-in re-renders the textures for every frame in the sequence when V-Ray prepares the frames for rendering.

Is there anything I can do to disable this constant re-rendering? I would expect the plugin to only re-render when the substance material settings change.

Right now it rerenders on load without loading image data from a cache. We're looking at adding this to a future release.

For the second, I'm not certain, but perhaps something is getting copied or duplicated by VRay. I'll need to look at it.
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya, 3ds Max and Core Libraries