Author Topic: Cotton Linen Twill Jeans Dark Spot  (Read 370 times)

I just downloaded this recently and in both Player and Modo on MacOS the material darkens to the center and looks quite strange.

Hi,

I am not able to reproduce the dark spot you have on the "Cotton Linen Twill Jeans" material xhile opening it in the Substance player.
Have you applied modifications/done some tweaks to the material before the sport appeared, or is it present all the time?
Could you let me know which version of the Substance player you are using?

PO @ Allegorithmic

I did not make any tweaks. Just opened the file. Also saw the same using the Substance plugin in Modo. Maybe I should try downloading it again. I've never seen the issue before.

Player version is build 3687.

Ah OK, I just changed the engine to Open GL from SSE2 and now it looks fine. If I do this with other SBARs it makes no difference, both engines look good.

Glad you found a solution!
I'll try to see what causes that issue when using the SSE2 engine
PO @ Allegorithmic

I have found same issue with Polyester 3d knit sandwich. Not all materials show the problem. Men suit wool twill for instance looks same in both.

Hi AngusHume,

Both "Polyester 3d knit" and "Cotton Linen Twill Jeans" have been updated on the website. The new versions should work fine whatever engine you use!
Don't hesitate to let me know if you find other ones that need updating.
PO @ Allegorithmic