Author Topic: ID Map ?  (Read 376 times)

Could you add a feature that allow user to make ID Map inside SP ?

Could you add a feature that allow user to make ID Map inside SP ?

You actually can make an ID map in Painter. Just use the base color only and paint either using poly fill, manually, or both, then export it out and use that as your ID map when importing back in.

Thank you for your reply. My point was to create ID Map directly. I import my object and bake it. Now, I have all my maps except ID Map. What I need to do is, create new layer, fill it will basic color, use it as ID Map. That is my point. No need to export/import. Something easy and simple. It's difficult to do something like this ?

Thank you for your reply. My point was to create ID Map directly. I import my object and bake it. Now, I have all my maps except ID Map. What I need to do is, create new layer, fill it will basic color, use it as ID Map. That is my point. No need to export/import. Something easy and simple. It's difficult to do something like this ?

You can bake ID maps so I'm not sure what you're referring to. Painter already supports baking ID maps, and masking, so I'm very confused on what you're referring to, and how it would differ or improve what is already available.

Can you illustrate what you're talking about.

Can you illustrate what you're talking about.
OK. If I export a Cube with UV from blender3d. Then, used SP to bake it. Now, I want to create a "ID Map". Does SP allow to create "ID Map" for it or not ?

Yes, either include your colors in the high poly when baking, or bake ID separately after you bake your other maps and use a mesh with those colors (either a high poly, or duplicated version of your loaded in mesh).

Could you please show me what you mean ? Do you have a tutorial ?