Author Topic: Substance to UE4 Livelink Not Working 4.25  (Read 683 times)

Hi - as of updating to the latest substance painter last week LiveLink no longer works in UE4 4.25 for me.

I can send meshes to Substance but it does not create or update any materials/textures in UE4

I have tried this in a couple of projects/different meshes and all the same.

Log File  in Substance says the following if I try to update the link from Substance -

[Plugin - dcc-live-link] No defined association with the exported '$mesh_$textureSet_BaseColor(.$udim)' map
[Plugin - dcc-live-link] No defined association with the exported '$mesh_$textureSet_Normal(.$udim)' map
[Plugin - dcc-live-link] No defined association with the exported '$mesh_$textureSet_OcclusionRoughnessMetallic(.$udim)' map

@keston - any help here? You seem to be the go to person for LiveLink issues on the forums - I  have asked this question in a couple of topics, searched through previous issues by other users of the same nature and they never get an answer?

@keston - any help here? You seem to be the go to person for LiveLink issues on the forums - I  have asked this question in a couple of topics, searched through previous issues by other users of the same nature and they never get an answer?

Hey @Fnordcorp ,

Painter was recently updated to be able to use UDIMs. But I brought it up myself and it's showing this warning even when not using UDIMs. Not sure on this one. The plugin itself (in UE4) has not been updated in a while in general.

Also with the plugin moving from SubstanceTexture2Ds in 4.23 to the UE4 texture type of Texture2Ds there might be some issues with Livelink and the creation of materials.

I have brought this up to the devs but I cannot give a definite answer on a timeline for a fix unfortunately.

Ok thanks. Frustrating as last week it worked fine and the workflow to and from UE4 was very smooth and quick. This increases the workflow hugely.

Appreciate the reply though, thankyou.

I'm also getting error with my UE4.25.3 sending mesh to substance.

"Substance Painter/plugins/dcc-live-link/main.qml:275: TypeError: Cannot read property 'materials' of undefined"

It just suddenly won't connect via livelink anymore to Unreal.

Hello there,

I have exactly the same issue as Fnordcorp, really anoying...

Push!

Thanks,

Peter

Hi!

Just wanted to drop in and also say that I'm getting the same error. It's having quite the impact on my workflow.

Cheers :)

Same issues. I have a video as well: https://streamable.com/lsbs8i

Cheers!

Same issues - still no response on this from Substance? Seems like a major fault to not be addressing

Same issues - still no response on this from Substance? Seems like a major fault to not be addressing

Hey @TylerE @Sheim @pottercrob @pjaritz @andrewleung @Fnordcorp ,

The latest versions of Substance Painter (6.2.0, 6.2.1) seem to be having problems with the dcc-plugin side of it and UE4. I looked a bit into it, it seems to work as expected if you use Substance Painter 6.1.3 and below.

(not a solution, but a workaround in the meantime)