Author Topic: I have a couple problems (solved)  (Read 244 times)

When I import a .obj in the texture set list it has this:

instead of this:

The second problems is when i try and paint on the surface the paint spreads all over the surface instead of on one spot and I have symmetry turned off. :(

I am trying to paint a bird with spread open wings and every time I paint on one wing it is repeated on the other wing like the bird was made from the same half and inverted.

How do I fix this?
Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 11:17:08 am

When I import a .obj in the texture set list it has this:

instead of this:

Import the OBJ with the proper options. If you don't want to create TextureSets based on UDIMs, don't select that option upon project creation.

when i try and paint on the surface the paint spreads all over the surface instead of on one spot and I have symmetry turned off. :(

I am trying to paint a bird with spread open wings and every time I paint on one wing it is repeated on the other wing like the bird was made from the same half and inverted.

How do I fix this?

Overlapping UVs? Post screenshots of the model, and the UV layout.

The UV is one crumpled mess.

The Daz Studio forums helped me, they told me I could regenerate the UV maps in the import process of Substance Painter.
Now i can paint the surface of the model. Thanks for your help here! It was your inquiry into the UV maps that helped me get it resolved.