Author Topic: Substance to Maya Error "Assertation Failed"  (Read 192 times)

Here's a difficult one and about Substance to Maya plugin 2.1.5 and Maya 2020:
I can load substance to Maya successfully and get a drop down. As soon as I load a sample into Hypershade and click on Create Shader Network, maya crashes with Visual C++ Runtime library error. I looked everywhere and couldn't find anything. I installed Maya, Substance and the plugin from scratch and still getting the error when i want to build substance shader in the Hypershade. Here's the message iam getting:
"Assertion failed!
Expression: res==0
(Please Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)
"

I also tried to update my Visual C++ framework but no luck after the update !!!   Iam losing my mind here !!! please help
Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 10:48:56 am

It has nothing to do with a visual C++ installation, but somehow an old binary is there. What is happening is that it is failing to load the sbsar and hitting an assert error there. There should end up being a substance_linker.dll file somewhere that isn't the newest for some reason. This is the second time I've seen this recently, so perhaps something odd is going on when updating 2020.
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya, 3ds Max and Core Libraries

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin. If you update Maya to 2020.1, it seems like it will uninstall the existing plugin and reinstall the 2.0.3 plugin. So you might need to reinstall 2.1.5 after updating Maya.
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya, 3ds Max and Core Libraries

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin. If you update Maya to 2020.1, it seems like it will uninstall the existing plugin and reinstall the 2.0.3 plugin. So you might need to reinstall 2.1.5 after updating Maya.
You're right. It must be versioning issue since I didn't have this problem at the beginning of this year. Iam using Maya 2020.2  plugin is actually 2.1.5 ! I uninstalled Maya and Substance plugin. In addition, I deleted the main folders from program files on my C:\ drive and installed them again but unfortunately ran into the same error.  It's quite bizarre that nothing seems to work when you run into this error. For someone like me who's been using this too often this is just annoying to say the least.

I'd be thankful if you could shine some light on the topic once you find out more about the cause.
Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 12:34:51 am

I am having the same issue with a machine that has both the lasted version of Maya and the substance plug in. However, I don't have this issue with an earlier version of Maya 2020. Please help.