Author Topic: Can the Layer and mask icons in UDIM mode be changed back to the previously colo  (Read 265 times)

Can the Layer and mask icons in UDIM mode be changed back to the previously colored style? No color icon is very inconvenient

This is not possible at the moment but we are looking into it.

I'm glad this is being looked into!

The lack of a color swatch also prevents us from collapsing folder mask stacks as well, since there's no "fill layer" equivalent icon to disengage "mask mode".  The folder icon just opens/closes the folder like normally.

Not only can we not use a layer swatch to visually grok complicated layers stacks, color pick from, etc. , they're now a bit more cluttered and hard to keep visually organized.

I second this too, I was eager to try the new UDIM option on a new project, but with the gray icons I couldn't make head or tail of what I was looking at (which was the texture set I've worked on for the past several days, so I do know it pretty well).

I understand it's hard to cram several UDIMs in a preview, but anything would be better than the current icons, anything that visually tells you what that layer is.
When a material has many layers it takes time just to figure out what you are looking at.

Thanks!
Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 05:14:27 am
We are creative performers

The lack of a color swatch also prevents us from collapsing folder mask stacks as well, since there's no "fill layer" equivalent icon to disengage "mask mode".  The folder icon just opens/closes the folder like normally.

In the meantime, you can use Ctrl+click in the body of the folder to disengage the mask mode.

In the meantime, you can use Ctrl+click in the body of the folder to disengage the mask mode.

I appreciate the response, Jeremie!  -I'm not having any luck with this tip though.  I made an image to explain the issue I'm describing (in green/pink) just in case there's been some miscommunication.  It also shows (In blue) where I've tried your tip:

So far my workaround is to nest my major folders with masks inside another folder with no mask.  This works, but isn't ideal because working in these folders is still much harder to keep organized visually.  I appreciate any help!
Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 06:18:20 am

Good point, we're looking into ways to improve this.