Author Topic: AtlasMaker Scale with Float ?!  (Read 191 times)

Hi everyone,
I'm having some trouble fitting a material inside my atlas mask.

The mask is 1536x1536 and the Material is normal power of two scale (2048x2048)

Right now the material atributes inside the AtlasMaker node has

Tiling
Offset
Scale

I could fit somehow with tiling and offset, but is there a way to scale the material directly with a float value?
Right now it only accepts integer. (1, 2 , 3 ,etc). I want to scale it with a value of 0.536 or 1.536 for example.
Is that posible?

Thank you!

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I am unsure I understand the context. Please provide more details about this problem:
  • If the mask is a bitmap, then the Bitmap node will scale it to the nearest higher power of two. How are you using this mask?
  • Is the Atlas Maker you refer to a custom node?
Feel free to include screenshots, videos, or any SBS files which can help us assess the issue as accurately as possible.

I appreciate your help and patience!

Best regards,
Luca
QA Analyst
Substance Designer Team

Hi Luca,
thanks for your reply.
Here's a screenshot.
https://ibb.co/y4f9crY

Basically I want to easily fit that 2048x2048 Material into that 1536x1536 Mask.

Right now using tiling and offset takes alot of fidling around if the texture is not really tileable. (Tiling doesn't go from the top left corner so i have to tile and offset at the same time)

So I just want to scale directly that Material into the Mask using scale. Don't really know how else to do it. Tried to calculate the tile dimensions but didn't come to any result.

Thanks!

In the end I used a Material Transform node before the mask to scale my Material.

Cheers

Hello @LucianDMT

Thank you for following up, it is good to hear you came up with a workable solution in the end.

The AtlasMaker node appears to be indeed a custom node, thus having access to the SBS for that node is the better way for us to help you in this specific case.

Feel free to let me know if you are able to share it.

Best regards,
Luca
QA Analyst
Substance Designer Team