Author Topic: [SOLVED] Problem with displaying asian monoweight fonts  (Read 176 times)

My current Windows version is originally japanese, but it has been changed to English version through User Account settings. Substance products language is setted up to english too. Despite this some UI fonts looks a bit difficult to read especially when I am zooming out in Substance Designer. It looks not that big trouble for the first time, but just after a week working in Substance Designer my eyes started to hurt as hell.

I have no similar issue using Maya or Photoshop for example.
May be the problem is that originally japanese Windows uses Yu Gothic font instead of english Segoe UI. I think so because node names in Substance Designer looks to be written in monospaced english font instead of proportional one. Also I remember no similar issue using Substance products on russian version of Windows. And as I know russian Windows use Segoe UI as a system font as well as english Windows.

Unfortunately basically there is no way to change system font in Windows 10. Especially at work where I have no rights to experiment making system changes writing scripts etc.
So I hope Substance developers will take care of that problem and save our eyes.
Asian lives matter, right? ;)

Here are some similar topics with no answer since 2019:
https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php?topic=29607.0
https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php?topic=30416.0
Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 03:01:23 pm

In Substance Designer, we are using the system font. We plan to use a specific font in the future and it will solve the problem as we will install the font with the software.

But that's the reason why today the font is sometimes not correct on some specific machines. It's when the default font defined on the system is not designed to correctly display english characters.

In Substance Designer, we are using the system font. We plan to use a specific font in the future and it will solve the problem as we will install the font with the software.

But that's the reason why today the font is sometimes not correct on some specific machines. It's when the default font defined on the system is not designed to correctly display english characters.
Thank you so much.
Looking forward to see an easy to read font on japanese PC's.