Author Topic: Colorspace control when exporting from substance painter  (Read 397 times)

Is there a way to control the colorspace of the export. Currently when we export some sort of gamma correction is happening that is not intended. Can this be control during time of export? I didn't see any settings or even keywords 'gamma, linear, colorspace' in any of the script api searches.

Is there a way to control the colorspace of the export. Currently when we export some sort of gamma correction is happening that is not intended. Can this be control during time of export? I didn't see any settings or even keywords 'gamma, linear, colorspace' in any of the script api searches.

Hi,

Our dev team has been made aware of this issue. I'm sorry I don't have any info to share yet, but wanted to give you a reply.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi JokerMartini - are you using the new python api for exporting? 

I'm testing this now and running into similar problems. The old javascipt api would linearise all non color (rough, bump, etc) channels, but apply an sRGB gamma curve to the baseColor and spec channels, which I had to convert to linear afterwards as an extra step in the process.

I can do the same thing here, but +1 to be able to set export colourspace as part of the export parameters.