Author Topic: Substance Source Materials won't load  (Read 4395 times)

Hello , last few days substance source  is behaving weird.

either have endless loading of materials (please see attachment)
or when i click on a material there is no preview just blank page (please see attachment) that does not happen with every material apparently but we most of them as far as i can tell from my experience.
I accessing the substance source from the SP button.
Can you please provide some help regarding the issues above ?

Thank you

Hi Cassiopian,

You probably need to update the plugin, see info about how to do that here: https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/substance-source-168198336.html

I would however recommend you to use Source in the Substance launcher. It works the same way as in Painter, but with more features, and is updated more often so you will have less problems of this type
PO @ Allegorithmic

Hi Cassiopian,

You probably need to update the plugin, see info about how to do that here: https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/substance-source-168198336.html

I would however recommend you to use Source in the Substance launcher. It works the same way as in Painter, but with more features, and is updated more often so you will have less problems of this type

Hello
Thanks for the reply

i downloaded and installed the launcher but apparently the problem is still there (Please See Attachment) only the presets part is working  . I also updated the plugin .
So this is getting kinda weird i am not able to find solution up until now , any suggestions maybe?

Thank you

Hello Cassiopian,

You indeed have a weird issue here. We are not able to reproduce it on the Launcher.

Could you please export your Launcher logs and share them here, after you've reproduced this issue ?

To export your logs : click on your username in the upper right corner, click on "Export Log"

Thanks for your help

Hello ,
As you requested please find attached the substance source logs
I hope that you will be able to find out what is going on with this peculiar issue.

Thank you!

Hello Cassiopian,

You indeed have a weird issue here. We are not able to reproduce it on the Launcher.

Could you please export your Launcher logs and share them here, after you've reproduced this issue ?

To export your logs : click on your username in the upper right corner, click on "Export Log"

Thanks for your help

Hello,

I've been having the same issue for weeks now. Even before that, preview images often wouldn't load but now they won't load 100% of the time and the interactive 3D previews will occasionally get stuck loading as well.
All I see when I click the preview is that small icon on the top left corner, as you can see in Cassiopian's screenshot.
I tried to reinstall Substance Launcher but the problem still persists.
I am attaching the log file.

Edit: The page that shows multiple preview images stacked vertically (usually the third page) seems to be working right now. The rest is the same.

Thanks for your time.
Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 11:43:12 am

Just wanted to let you know I am having the same issue (and have been having it for days) with Substance Source through Substance Painter. Nearly all but a handful of materials will continually be stuck on the loading icon even with the latest version of SP installed.
I did install the Substance Launcher App which loads substances flawlessly and nearly instantly. However, SP still doesn't work right.
George Lecakes
Director
Rowan VR Center

Hi George,

The Substance Source in Painter has been depreciated as it was up to date anymore, and that the Launcher has the same functionalities and more, and that is it can be updated much more easily when there are changes on the Source side.
PO @ Allegorithmic

Hi,

The link you posted ( https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/substance-source-168198336.html ) refers to a 'Substance Launcher Integration' , but the link refering to it is just the main Substance download page?

I don't see anything about a plugin to be updated/integrated?
Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 06:34:21 pm

Hi,

The link you posted ( https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/substance-source-168198336.html ) refers to a 'Substance Launcher Integration' , but the link refering to it is just the main Substance download page?

I don't see anything about a plugin to be updated/integrated?

The link is the launcher link!
It is what is downloaded at firstw hen you want to download Substance.

Once you have it installed, you can send assets from the Substance Source tab to Substance Painter the same way that you did with the Source in Painter integration.
PO @ Allegorithmic

wow. I never knew there was a launcher. And it works  :) and it fixed the substance source thing. I wonder if it will update my license for me each month instead of me having to d/l the license file. That would be convenient. I guess I will see in a few weeks.