Author Topic: material appears white  (Read 1631 times)

hi,

I'm new to Substance Painter and although I'm progressing and learning new things on a daily basis, I've encountered a problem with assigning materials to my fbx file.

whenever I try to install a new material from other artists that they've created and shared online, none of the textures show on the material screen in Substance Painter. They just show white.

I've included a screen shot of a material I tried to install.

If you look at the layers setting, you'll see that the thumbnails for the textures appear correctly, but they don't show on the material nor the texture work screens.  Interestingly, they export correctly though, so I know the textures are in the spsm file.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

What is the file extension of the "materials" you are trying to install ? They looks like smart masks based the preview.
I suggest reading this page : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/spdoc/adding-content-on-the-hard-drive-151584815.html
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Just wondering if there was a resolution to this problem? I have recently started using substance Painter and I have downloaded a smart materials and when I apply it, it appears white as described above.  To confirm the material is Stone Wall Bricks (by Florencio Corty on substance share), and it has a file extension of .spsm .