Author Topic: How do I remove padding in my exported textures?  (Read 4693 times)

Hi guys, loving the program so far and the support from you guys over here has been very much appreciated.

Just out of interest, I like to show clean textures on my portfolio but I feel like the padding is making my textures look a little ugly and was wondering if there is any way to not have padding?

Is there an export option I'm missing that asks how much padding I want? Similar to what xNormal has where it asks how much you want.

As of right now, Substance Painter doesn't have an option for padding the final textures. :( What I usually do is, I create a mask in xnormal by baking out a base colour texture and setting it to white.

As of right now, Substance Painter doesn't have an option for padding the final textures. :( What I usually do is, I create a mask in xnormal by baking out a base colour texture and setting it to white.

Hi,

Substance Painter uses an infinite padding. It basically bleeds the texture color values beyond the UV border to the edge.

@JustinTheEnd  "I feel like the padding is making my textures look a little ugly and was wondering if there is any way to not have padding?"

Can you post an image of how the padding is messing with the textures? The padding shouldn't cause an issue.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

I think that it would be nice to avoid a texture padding , for texture presentation it isnt always good looking .
I am an Environment Artist working at Elite3D In Valencia.

Im specialized in Environment modeling , sculpting and texturing .
https://www.artstation.com/artist/najimcg