Author Topic: Substance plugin 2.2.0 support to be used with Fstorm!?  (Read 681 times)

Hello

We use in studio Corona render and Fstorm also, will be great can have it supported to render with fstorm render plung in

thks

I think we can look at fstorm. We will need to talk to them to test it.
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya, 3ds Max and Core Libraries

@Galen Helfter did you ever hear back from Andrey about this? It doesn't seem like there is Substance support in the current version (v1.3.5)

I still need to talk to him.

It looks I can get a watermark version, but I'll need to talk to him about how fstorm goes about translating the 3ds Max scene. For the most part, whether we're compatible with a renderer has more to do with their systems than ours.

That I know of only Arnold/MaxtoA, maybe VRay can be actually interfaced with to take any control over the translation.

Corona and Redshift I think may also have a way to tie in, but interfacing with them isn't publicly available.

So depending, most of getting that stuff to work can be more diplomacy than engineering.
Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 07:59:01 pm

Hi, have you talked to Andrey about having substance integration with Fstorm?
One of my college asked him about it a few days ago, and he said we'll have to ask the substance team for it.

We mainly use Fstorm in our studio so having substance integration would be great.

Not yet. We're trying to finalize the Redshift and Arnold interoperability first, then move on to further renderers after that.