Author Topic: Source in Unreal - not saving login details  (Read 318 times)

The Source plugin native to Unreal Engine dow not save my login details on Engine restart.  Given that UE crashes a lot (more so when using Substance!) this is not sustainable.  I've just entered my email and password 4 times in 20 minutes and I've decided to now use Quixel instead, which is a shame

The Source plugin native to Unreal Engine dow not save my login details on Engine restart.  Given that UE crashes a lot (more so when using Substance!) this is not sustainable.  I've just entered my email and password 4 times in 20 minutes and I've decided to now use Quixel instead, which is a shame

@emailwillhelm@gmail.com ,

Apologies for your poor experience with the plugin. The Source plugin is What crashes were you experiencing and how are they reproduced?

As for the Source login issue, this will be remedied by the Substance Launcher, which will allow you to send Substance sbsar files straight from the Launcher to UE4 (and the Launcher saves your login details).

Hi Keston

Sorry for the slow reply.

Are you suggesting using the substance launcher to download the sbsar files directly, then manually importing them into UE?

Hi Keston

Sorry for the slow reply.

Are you suggesting using the substance launcher to download the sbsar files directly, then manually importing them into UE?

Hey @emailwillhelm@gmail.com ,

No worries! I was saying that the Launcher will have the capability to send downloaded Substance files directly to UE4 in the near future much like the integrated Substance Source in UE4 does now.

The UE4 Substance Source part of the plugin is old and will be deprecated when this happens, but in the meantime it might be less painful to download directly from the Substance Source website or the Substance Launcher then manually import them. At the very least, using these methods would prevent you from having to login multiple times. :)

Understood.  So the new workflow will be like Quixel Bridge?  Sounds much better

Can I ask if there are plans to extend the default UE master materials, more like the Quixel versions?  Things like uv tiling should be built in by default

Thanks