Author Topic: Render only one texture set in Iray?  (Read 3269 times)

Hello. I don't know if I'm over looking a settings somewhere, but when I render it shows both meshes that are in different texture sets. Is there a way to only render one texture set at a time?

At the moment that's not possible, but that's planned to be added later on.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Ok. Thanks for the reply.

As a workaround you could probably use the Opacity channel and a corresponding shader like metal/roughness with alpha test to just hide texture sets you don't want to appear on renders.

Add a fill layer on top of your layer stack with only Opacity channel enabled, set its value to fully black (0) - it will denote that this texture set should be fully transparent, effectively making it invisible in your scene. You can toggle this layer to show and hide your meshes/texture sets. Also you can use several such layers with masks to optionally hide only parts of your scene.  :)

Thanks, I'll try that out. I've just been creating separate fbx files, one with the meshes on their own and own with them combined, but this sounds like it would be more useful.

At the moment that's not possible, but that's planned to be added later on.

4 years later :)