Author Topic: Black materials [ue/substance source]  (Read 163 times)

hi! im getting this black material issue in all my projects, it happens whit the materials that have a color as a diffuese, like gold or chrome, i tried different unreal versions and raytracing activated or not. But i keep gettin this.

please help!

thx

What export setting are you using from Painter? Is there a reason you're not using the UE4 one?

Would you mind uploading the texture files and mesh?

Normally black materials either mean invalid textures, settings, or you failed to build lighting.

Thanks CaGameDev!

The issue is when i download materials from the substance source to UE4. (using ue plugin of course)

It used to work fine now when the diffuse is just color, im getting this full black materials.

Thanks CaGameDev!

The issue is when i download materials from the substance source to UE4. (using ue plugin of course)

It used to work fine now when the diffuse is just color, im getting this full black materials.

With the new plugin, when you import a .sbsar file there is a popup window that allows you to use the Substance file with a specified material template. The imported assets from Source use the old template from the previous plugin, which is why they show up as black. (This is due to the import process being different between Source and regular right click imports). You can find the Substance file in your Project Folder and reimport it yourself manually (or download it from the website, or you can also right click on the Substance Instance Factory, create a new Instance and delete the old one plus the textures.