Author Topic: [SOLVED] How to render with specific resolution?  (Read 190 times)

Hello guys some of my friends are using desinger but I we cant figure out if there is a way to just render the Texture for example in a given Resolution. For example we want to render the image in 1024x1024 pixels. But when we save render image it just saves the viewed size. Is it possible somehow to render just the image and Not the Background with it?

greets
Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 03:59:04 pm

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I am assuming you are referring to the Save Render... option in the Camera menu of the 3D View panel. To change the size of the render, you may use the Resolution parameter in the camera settings. These are found with the Edit option in the Camera menu of this same panel.
Make sure to set the Use Window Resolution parameter to False, so the manually set resolution is used instead.

Additionally, please note transparency in the render is only available with the Iray renderer. You can switch renderers using the Renderer menu of the 3D View.

The 2D View panel already allows to save images at their native resolution, and includes the alpha channel. No parameters need to be changed in this case.

I hope this is helpful!

Best regards,
Luca
QA Analyst
Substance Designer Team

Thank you at Luca Giarrizzo! It was helpful indeed, but we still have another problem, its the non-seamless Textures. If I for example make a new texture it looks like it is on one side not continuous like I want it. Is this a substance problem or is it general not possible to achieve a seamless result?

best reagards

Hello again,

I am glad my response was helpful!

Regarding the texture tiling issues you experience, it is entirely possible to achieve correct tiling in Substance Designer – it is actually one of the core features of the software – yet this depends on your graph. Several operations can break tiling, such as blending asymmetrical gradients, using non-tiling custom bitmaps or using rotations which are not 90, 180 or 270 degrees.

I can help by taking a look at your graph. You may attach an SBS file in this thread if you are ok with this.

Best regards,
Luca
QA Analyst
Substance Designer Team

Thank you again so much for helping me out, I saw lots of useful tutorials on how to do that. I dont need any help anymore thanks Luca Giarrizzo

Hello again,

I am glad to hear you were able to find helpful resources to solve the problem.

Feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance, and have fun with the Substance tools!

Best regards,
Luca
QA Analyst
Substance Designer Team