Author Topic: No UV coordinates.  (Read 874 times)

Yes,   looks great,  The motor was not exported into keyshot  only the small simple part. How on earth did you get them like that ?  as you saw my attempt,   Did you un wrap in Painter then apply the textures? or un wrap in another software.  Your versions are exactly the thing I am after.  This gives me hope.

I have put the export screenshots into the same folder as the pics,   in case you want to see my exports ect.  I have also included the export folder and contents.

I didn't change anything. I opened your Painter files, exported your mesh from Painter which was unwrapped when you initially loaded it into Painter while you used the auto unwrap feature.

The only additional thing I did was to load the mesh from Painter into Blender and combine split meshes with the same material ID so I could drag and drop the texture once as opposed to per mesh piece. As Keyshot will make you drag your material for every mesh in your scene, unless you want to apply the material once, then copy and paste it to a selection, but you have to work through the giant list...

I assume you're using Keyshot as your export template and in Keyshot you're using Tool->Material Importer? This is all I'm doing.

I am following the workflow for Keyshot.  I did notice that in the screenshot of the external rendering set up I am following The CONFIG shows  Document channels + Normal + AO [ no Alpha ] I make sure the template is set to Keyshot 9 File type based on output template and it exports 7 textures but all are in the export folder as png.  Now  If I ignore the Config [ as shown in the Substance  workflow information ] and select Keyshot 9 then there are only 5 textures In the export folder and they are now in a folder as .sp. there is also the obj which I take it is the mesh and an mtl file.

Just looking at your screenshot of the 2 d /3 d view compared to mine and both are identical.  so there is something I am not getting

Just looking at your screenshot of the 2 d /3 d view compared to mine and both are identical.  so there is something I am not getting

It is most likely your Keyshot steps, and nothing to do with Painter.