Author Topic: concrete effects  (Read 3761 times)

hey guys,
I'm wondering if there is any good "easy" way to create this kind of concrete effects, ike this little rile "groove" on the concrte or the rubber tracks on the road.... ??

Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 03:08:48 pm

hey guys,
I'm wondering if there is any good "easy" way to create this kind of concrete effects, ike this little rile "groove" on the concrte or the rubber tracks on the road.... ??

Hi,

You could create some lines that have been distorted to represent the grooves. Here's a screen shot of a setup where I used stripes pattern and modulated it with a directional blur to create the grooves. You can then plug this into the normal mapper to create a normal for the grooves.

Cheers,

Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thank you very much, it is definitly the right way.... the only problem i have with this constilation is that is looks like a way to perfetc... the concrete tile on the pictures has no constant lines, some are short some a bigger... some are thiner etc....

But it is amazing to see how easy something can be if you know how you can do it :)

Thank you very much, it is definitly the right way.... the only problem i have with this constilation is that is looks like a way to perfetc... the concrete tile on the pictures has no constant lines, some are short some a bigger... some are thiner etc....

But it is amazing to see how easy something can be if you know how you can do it :)

No problem : ) You can further randomize the effect. Here's another variation. I attached the sbs as well.

Cheers,

Wes

the3dninja@adobe.com

ok very cool, again many thanks! Can you me borrow your brain for a day ? ;-)
There is quiet a lot to leran for me when it comes to SD....
Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 12:07:31 am

Wes, where is this stripe node ?
I can't find it in the library...

ok got it : didn't play with the shift parameter :-)

ok got it : didn't play with the shift parameter :-)

Did you find the node in the library as well? It's in Patterns>Stripes

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

yes, but as by default the strips was in diagonal, my little brain was  confused :-)

yes, but as by default the strips was in diagonal, my little brain was  confused :-)

Oh, yeah. It was weird for me too. You can't rotate them exactly vertical. That is why I used the transform node after the stripe. I used the strip as it did have settings for width and softness which was nice to tweak.
the3dninja@adobe.com

An evolution of this node could be to add random parameters for the width and for the angle (and offset ?)