Author Topic: Custom workflows incomplete maya 2020  (Read 308 times)

Hi,
We used the custom workflows to create networks in maya 2018, and it worked perfectly.  We moved our 2018 workflow presets to maya 2020, but the networks did not complete assemebling.  Any nodes after the file nodes did not get created.  I also tested this by creating a default redshift workflow, and then saving the created network as a custom workflow with the same result and error below.

// Error: line 1: KeyError: file C:/Program Files/Allegorithmic/Substance in Maya/2020/plug-ins\substance\ui\base_workflow.py line 139: <type 'unicode'> //

we are using maya 2020.2 and the latest install of the plugin.

Thanks

https://gyazo.com/156a2908b58908f46826976d64800860

If you have the workflow python file, I can make sure it runs in the next version.

There was some things that get odd with Python, as the unicode type is removed in Python 3, but default for Python 2.
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya, 3ds Max and Core Libraries

Hi Galen,

Great, workflow py files attached.

Cheers

Code: [Select]
""" Generated workflow module for Substance in Maya """

import substance.ui.base_workflow
from substance.ui.base_workflow import GraphNode

class GeneratedSubstanceWorkflow(substance.ui.base_workflow.SubstanceWorkflow):
    """ Generated workflow script class """
    workflow_name = 'nymbl_RS1'
    to_display = True
    ordering = '0'
    nodes = {
        1 : GraphNode(1, {}, [(u'outColor', 2, u'diffuse_color')], 'remapHsv'),
        2 : GraphNode(2, {u'refl_brdf': 1, u'ms_mode': 1, u'refl_samples': 64, u'version': 1, u'refl_fresnel_mode': 2, u'refr_samples': 64, u'emission_weight': 2.0}, [(u'outColor', 3, u'surfaceShader')], 'RedshiftMaterial', 'shader'),
        3 : GraphNode(3, {}, [], 'shadingEngine', 'set'),
        4 : GraphNode(4, {u'scale': 1.0, u'inputType': 1}, [(u'out', 5, u'baseInput')], 'RedshiftBumpMap'),
        5 : GraphNode(5, {}, [(u'outColor', 2, u'bump_input')], 'RedshiftBumpBlender'),
        6 : GraphNode(6, {}, [(u'outValue', 2, u'diffuse_roughness'), (u'outValue', 2, u'refl_roughness')], 'remapValue'),
        7 : GraphNode(7, {}, [(u'outValue', 2, u'refl_metalness')], 'remapValue'),
        8 : GraphNode(8, {}, [(u'out', 3, u'rsDisplacementShader')], 'RedshiftDisplacement'),
    }

outputs = [u'baseColor', u'normal', u'roughness', u'metallic', u'height']

image_attributes = [{u'colorSpace': u'sRGB'}, {u'colorSpace': u'Raw'}, {u'colorSpace': u'Raw'}, {u'colorSpace': u'Raw'}, {u'colorSpace': u'Raw', u'alphaOffset': -0.5}]

output_connections = {u'height': [(u'outColor', 8, u'texMap')], u'baseColor': [(u'outColor', 1, u'color')], u'roughness': [(u'outAlpha', 6, u'inputValue')], u'metallic': [(u'outAlpha', 7, u'inputValue')], u'normal': [(u'outColor', 4, u'input')]}

Hi Galen,

This little converter helped me and converted my presets to v3 for me.
https://www.pythonconverter.com/

Thanks for the pointing to this.  I can now update the 2018 plugin aswell.

Cheers

It looks like we can probably run it through that directly, so we should be able to perform any transformations needed either using that or manually if easy enough and then save back out any workflow files. I'll see what we can do for that.
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya, 3ds Max and Core Libraries