Author Topic: roughness map does nothing  (Read 10116 times)

Don't for get to add a Vray attribute on each file node for the color space as well as changing to raw or srgb. Also substance calculates the ior from a 0 to 1 percentage i believe and maya is 1 to infinite just about so you have to connect your ior to a divide node by 1 to get the values correct. After all this i get a 1 to 1 apples to apples look from substance to vray. Hope this helps a bit''

Hi,
That doesn't necessary anymore (to add the color management attribute).
Finally (from 3.2 and above I believe) V-ray understands Maya's Color Management system.
Just set the file node's Color Space attribute correctly.

And the second one isn't necessary too.
VRayMtl works in a special way when you don't use Refraction IOR as Reflection IOR (turn off Lock Fresnel IOR To Refraction IOR) and set an IOR map as input. It presumes you have an IOR map with values 0-1.

Cheers, D

Thanks for the clarification : ) Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Cheers,
Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

sorry to open a old post im on this problem atm
how can i export an ior map like the one here from substance properly
most of case its gray and uniform and sometimes its dont even make an ior map when i add one to my project
( i add at the end do i have to bake again with ior added in textures set ? when i bake first times it was without ior on white project )

im student and i dont understand the rules 1/ior or (1/RGB Value) x 255 =  IOR
i make a moment to understand formula and i can’t get what is rgb value for me itS 3 different number or maybe i have to convert the hexadecimal but i feel its not that ...
i see some project where this fresnel ior map improve great the looking of the pictures...

i use maya/vray
thanks and take care

sorry to open a old post im on this problem atm
how can i export an ior map like the one here from substance properly
most of case its gray and uniform and sometimes its dont even make an ior map when i add one to my project
( i add at the end do i have to bake again with ior added in textures set ? when i bake first times it was without ior on white project )

im student and i dont understand the rules 1/ior or (1/RGB Value) x 255 =  IOR
i make a moment to understand formula and i can’t get what is rgb value for me itS 3 different number or maybe i have to convert the hexadecimal but i feel its not that ...
i see some project where this fresnel ior map improve great the looking of the pictures...

i use maya/vray
thanks and take care

Hi Julien,

What version of Vray are you rendering with? If you are using Vray next, you no longer need the IOR map.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja