Author Topic: UE4 not establishing Live Link with Substance Painter  (Read 397 times)

Hi all,
I'm having alot of trouble getting the live link between UE4 and Substance Painter to work.
I have tried various tips I found on this forum, all to no avail.

Firstly i'm using Painter Version 2020.1.2 (6.1.2)
In UE4 I installed the latest plugin via de marketplace:

In UE4 I right click my static mesh and choose: 'Send to substance Painter'.
In export dialog that appears I 've unselected the LOD and the Colission Mesh:

Substance Painter starts importing but, once imported, it doesn't show any icon indicating that it is connnected to UE4.
In the log I get the following error:

Exporting the FBX from UE4 and importing it again didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Maarten

Hi all,
I'm having alot of trouble getting the live link between UE4 and Substance Painter to work.
I have tried various tips I found on this forum, all to no avail.

Firstly i'm using Painter Version 2020.1.2 (6.1.2)
In UE4 I installed the latest plugin via de marketplace:

In UE4 I right click my static mesh and choose: 'Send to substance Painter'.
In export dialog that appears I 've unselected the LOD and the Colission Mesh:

Substance Painter starts importing but, once imported, it doesn't show any icon indicating that it is connnected to UE4.
In the log I get the following error:

Exporting the FBX from UE4 and importing it again didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Maarten

@MaartenEl ,

I believe there is an issue with the new version of Painter and the LiveLink plugin. The team is aware of it, but unfortunately I'm not sure of the date for a fix.

I believe there is an issue with the new version of Painter and the LiveLink plugin. The team is aware of it, but unfortunately I'm not sure of the date for a fix.

Thank you for your reply.
I just tried it with UE 4.24.3 and 4.22.3 both gave me the same result. no unreal link appears in Painter after sending it to Painter from UE4.

Having this same issue. Any progress on fixing this?

Having this same issue. Any progress on fixing this?

Hey @TylerE ,

The latest versions of Substance Painter (6.2.0, 6.2.1) seem to be having problems with the dcc-plugin side of it and UE4. I looked a bit into it, it seems to work as expected if you use Substance Painter 6.1.3 and below.

(not a solution, but a workaround in the meantime)