Author Topic: [closed]Templates missing in 3.2.x?  (Read 5361 times)

There used to be a whole bunch of templates that are also heavily featured in the tuts. Are they gone for good?
Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 12:14:37 pm

There is some information for you here:
http://legacy-support.allegorithmic.com/node/948

Hi,

We are planning to provide them back in a 3.2.2 release soon.

Cheers,
Director of Product Management & COO

That would be nice. Thanks.

The 3.2.2 version has been released.
It includes the template.sbs file.
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

To help new users get started quickly I created custom filters for the templates in place already -- you will need to place the attached file in a precise location (depending on your system).

on Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\(your windows login)\Local Settings\Application Data\Allegorithmic\Substance-Designer\3

on Windows 7
C:\Users\(your windows login)\AppData\Local\Allegorithmic\Substance-Designer\3

In both cases you will need to alter your Windows folder options (Tools>Folder Options) to see hidden files and folders. I'm sure these are located in other places in other operating systems but I only have XP and 7, so I cannot confirm.

Installation instructions:
  • Exit Substance Designer
  • Unzip the file
  • Place in the designated folder, replacing the existing version

Once properly installed you will find a "Templates" category in the library along with appropriate subsections.
Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 02:38:37 pm
A few of my VTC tutorial video series: ZBrush 4 - Corel Painter 12 Advanced

in pod tutorial it uses "noise resolution X2". is it "noise upscale" on recent version?

also where is horizontal scratch?
Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 10:36:17 am
Ufuk Coban
Unity 3D, Modo, Imac, MBP

Indeed "Noise resolution x2" has been rename to "noise upscale".
"Horizontal scratch" has been renamed to "dirt 4" (it actually didn't look like to horizontal scratches ;) )
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

Indeed "Noise resolution x2" has been rename to "noise upscale".
"Horizontal scratch" has been renamed to "dirt 4" (it actually didn't look like to horizontal scratches ;) )

thanks for info. is there any mapping for these changes? i have to guess something to complete pod tutorial :-)
Ufuk Coban
Unity 3D, Modo, Imac, MBP