Author Topic: Substance Designer 4.6 Now Available  (Read 15151 times)

Hi,

Substance Designer 4.6 is now available as a free update. You can download 4.6 from your Allegorithmic account.

FEATURES
  New license system
  [3D View] Setting wrapping mode per sampler in glslfx
  [3D View] Use "F" to focus on the object
  [3D View] Add specular level channel for dielectrics in metal/rough PBR shader
  [3D View] Set the save image shortcut to alt+S instead of ctrl+S (same for copy Viewport alt+c)
  [3D View] Change default background color
  [Bakers] New Thickness baker
  [Bakers] New Opacity Mask baker
  [Graph] duplicate a link from an input pin using ctrl+click (cmd click on mac)
  [Graph] Store the output export path per graph
  [Functions] Do not create getfloat node when creating a new input
BUG FIXES
  [Parameters] Clicking and dragging on parameter slider does not set value to 0.
  [Parameters] pinned parameter tab gets overridden
  [Parameters] Alpha value is set to 1 when picking a color in the color widget
  [Parameters] FloatX with Sbsar display wrong values in the UI
  [Parameters] create/delete input hides the + button
  [Parameters] Crash when deleting a function input
  [Graph] Can't plug overlay node when using compact link mode
  [Graph] Can't "Export all as Bitmaps" when the destination directory does not exist
  [Graph] set "display connectors name" on by default
  [Bakers] Can't use a psd layer as normal map resource
  [Bakers] Selected material IDs not saved in Bake model information
  [Bakers] Export path is saved as absolute
  [Library] Potential random crash when browser large amount of items
  [Library] folders with name containing "resources" are ignored
  [Functions] Can't drag&drop a function onto a frame
  [Functions] Duplicating a node gives an incorrect comment position
  [Engine] SSE does not support opacity greater than 1 for image input in fx-map

SSS Shader used in video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQyQ-taR0Qs
Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 04:07:34 pm
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi Wes,

this sounds great. Just have a little problem. I logged into my account to download the new version, but all my licences are gone. I own the Indie pack, but nothing shows up. Do you have problems with the database?

Thanks!

Hi Wes,

this sounds great. Just have a little problem. I logged into my account to download the new version, but all my licences are gone. I own the Indie pack, but nothing shows up. Do you have problems with the database?

Thanks!

Hi,

We are sorry about that. We are experiencing an issue with the licensing. They license links will be restored soon. Please stay tuned.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

The licenses are now back online! The server was migrating to the new system.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Yay! Paths are now stored per graph! No more hours of tedious clicking! Awesome update guys! :D

I assume the license stuff is for standalone users and Steam will get the update in the usual manner later?
Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 05:50:18 am

The licenses are now back online! The server was migrating to the new system.

Cheers,

Wes

Yes, they are back! Thanks Wes!

I've got a little different problem... Designer says

License Server Problem
The license server could not be started. Please ensure your firewall settings for this application are not too restrictive.

on my Pc there are no restrictions for Designer, but I'm inside a company network where I have no control over the firewall.

does it require some special ports to be open ?

Thanks,
Val

What goes into calculating the thickness map?

Mike

I've got a little different problem... Designer says

License Server Problem
The license server could not be started. Please ensure your firewall settings for this application are not too restrictive.

on my Pc there are no restrictions for Designer, but I'm inside a company network where I have no control over the firewall.

does it require some special ports to be open ?

Thanks,
Val

Hi,

Try to do this:
Control Panel : Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Firewall\Allowed Programs

Let me know if that works,
Nicolas
Head of Product Management

Hi Nicolas,

no, identical... I've added manually Designer to the allowed program list but same exact result.

Kind Regards,
Val

I sent the thread to our engineers in charge of the activation system, I'll keep you in touch.
Head of Product Management

Mike

I would like to know this too... and I think you guys should add a parenting and explode feature... such as if I have a low poly boot with multiple pieces... I would love to parent the high poly pieces to the low poly and offset that low poly. I don't like tracing errors

It's practically the same thing as for ambient occlusion, except we shoot rays going inside the model instead of outward.

It's practically the same thing as for ambient occlusion, except we shoot rays going inside the model instead of outward.

No risk of radioactivity here ?  :D

Mike

The thickness baker is very similar to the ambient occlusion baker, but it cast the rays in the oposite direction of the surface normal. (So it's as if you were baking an AO with the normal inverted).

Black = thin
White = thick

It can be used in a sss shader or directly in the diffuse to fake a sss effect. I also use it to locate the thin parts and create a dirt mask: the thin parts are usually the ones you grab an object.

Product Manager - Allegorithmic