Author Topic: Cannot modify created substances - THIS IS STILL AN ISSUE  (Read 195 times)

Wanting to modify the parameters in created substances and dragging from the lobby collection or opening exported project there are no parameters available to modify the parameters and reexport. Is something broken?
Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 10:31:10 pm

I'm not sure to understand your issue.
Can you send some screenshots of the materials/layer stacks?

Thanks
Substance Alchemist Product Manager

It occurred to me that Alchemist was corrupted so I uninstalled it and re-downloaded  and installed fresh and now its working where saved substances are editable at a later time. But I created a substance in the corrupted version and now its lost. Where does alchemist store created substances so that maybe I can use time machine to recover the substance.

Created materials are stored in %APPDATA%\Allegorithmic\Substance Alchemist\CreatedMaterials.

You should probably back up file %APPDATA%\Allegorithmic\Substance Alchemist\alchemistDatabase.json as well, it contains all the references to all materials alchemists know.  Trying to import an alchemist tree material (.json files) can be troublesome.

But it's probably simpler to export the project (file -> export project), wipe out your data %APPDATA%\Allegorithmic\Substance Alchemist, and reimport the project.

Thanks

Hello,

For now, materials created in Alchemist cannot be tweaked once created.
You may modify your material by clicking on it instead of dragging in the stack. Then you could create a new version of it with the desired parameters before adding in a new stack.

Regarding your thumbnail issue, it may come from an issue with multiple monitors with diffirent resolution on MacOS. Could you please try to unplug your second monitor before generating a thumbnail ?

Regards

Turning off second monitor fixed problem