Author Topic: RTX 2080 Ti and Substance Software  (Read 1384 times)

Hi,

Hopefuly this is the right place for posting this, if it is not please point me to the correct forum section thanks. I may have the chance to pick up an RTX 2080 Ti card for my PC. I was just wanting to ask here if this card would be a big benefit to have this card running Painter and/or Designer?

Currently my card is a Quadro K4200, which is pretty dated at this stage. But would getting the 2080 Ti be very noticeable while working in Substance software? I don’t own Redshift or any other GPU based renderers, but I am waiting for RenderMan XPU and it could be a good option for this. Maybe this card would fly in the likes of V-Ray GPU and the newer Arnold GPU also? I am not too knowledgeable on the graphics cards end of things so any replied to help would be great.

Thanks a lot.

A 2080 Ti is pretty much the best card you can get for Painter or Designer today without spending on a Quadro card :)

Hi,

Hopefuly this is the right place for posting this, if it is not please point me to the correct forum section thanks. I may have the chance to pick up an RTX 2080 Ti card for my PC. I was just wanting to ask here if this card would be a big benefit to have this card running Painter and/or Designer?

One additional thing to keep in mind is that many of the functions in Designer are CPU-intensive (such as certain nodes having to calculate when you make changes).  Those aspects will not see any improvement from a better GPU, although of course the rendering and GPU-accelerated nodes will.

is the 2070 super also good for this software ?
i have big issues using substance painter (&blender) i have 32RAM and the 9 3900x, - Marvelous Designer, Unreal Engine, After Effec (4k) new Games all work perfectly, just painter and blender i use 2 min and they crash ?
can anyone help me ?
i use nvidia studio driver, 2 hours ago i refreshed windows and all drivers...but still have same problem, i canno use this two programs longer as 2-3 minutes cause hard crash problems...please help me. is there a RTX fix or something i miss ?

is the 2070 super also good for this software ?
i have big issues using substance painter (&blender) i have 32RAM and the 9 3900x, - Marvelous Designer, Unreal Engine, After Effec (4k) new Games all work perfectly, just painter and blender i use 2 min and they crash ?
can anyone help me ?
i use nvidia studio driver, 2 hours ago i refreshed windows and all drivers...but still have same problem, i canno use this two programs longer as 2-3 minutes cause hard crash problems...please help me. is there a RTX fix or something i miss ?

I don't know about Blender, but with Painter make sure you're not running SLI. I think you said you're running 2-WAY SLI in the discord as you're running RTX 2070 Supers.

https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/multi-bi-gpu-168199000.html

EDIT: Problem was fixed on discord. Suggest to roll back GPU drivers and now OBJs load in. Still trouble shooting on why latest drivers don't like OBJ files.
Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 06:30:57 am
I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)