Author Topic: Any way to animate Substance Parameters in Maya?  (Read 414 times)

I can't seem to find any info for this on google, so is there any way to animate the substance parameters in the maya plugin? I tried and it seems to get into some sort of rendering loop and when I hit render anyway it's a bit buggy and non cooperative.

Thanks!

I can't seem to find any info for this on google, so is there any way to animate the substance parameters in the maya plugin? I tried and it seems to get into some sort of rendering loop and when I hit render anyway it's a bit buggy and non cooperative (skips frames and displacement maps dont work). Also I'm using Redshift the latest version and maya 2020

Thanks!

I managed to get the animation to work, but it's still doing the strange rendering loop thing forever when its not animating.

I've only been using substance for a few days so sorry if this is a common issue

Keyframes should work, but because rendering is asynchronous by default, it may drop some through playback.

You can set rendering to synchronous in the settings.

We have some improvements for rendering that we'll be working on soon.
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya, 3ds Max and Core Libraries

Sounds good. I'll try that, thanks!