Author Topic: Using Height and No Normal in Micro Details for Generators (Solved)  (Read 1878 times)

Hello,

I have a dirty substance that I have painted height details onto.  I watched the video on using Micro Details and Anchor Points but I do not know how to get the micro height to actually affect the dirt generator.  I plugged my painted height detail anchor point into the micro height box and set the generator to use it, but it has no effect on the cavity dirt.  I am trying to get the dirt into the triangular logo on the pistol slide.  See below...

Am I missing something?
Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 07:35:21 pm

Make sure the generator is above the layer with height information, and activate the 'Micro Height' option in the properties of the generator ('Micro Details' section).

Make sure the generator is above the layer with height information, and activate the 'Micro Height' option in the properties of the generator ('Micro Details' section).

I already did that.  What is pictured in the screen capture is the result after taking those steps.

No additional steps should be required, just did a test. Post a screenshot of the layer stack with both generator and the layer visible that has the height information and the anchor point on it please.

Does this show you what you need to see?

You need to attach the anchor point to the mask, not the fill layer itself.

You need to attach the anchor point to the mask, not the fill layer itself.

That did the trick.  Thanks so much!