Author Topic: Python Events for Export?  (Read 574 times)

I noticed the events supported by the Python API don't include onExport*, like you have in the QML/JS API. Is there a plan to support those (and more) in the future?

i would be curious to know as well, a few hours into looking at the API the publish workflow is not very clear...
Senior Technical Artist
Bethesda Game Studios

Sorry for the late reply, but take a look at the Versioning Plugin example we have in the documentation. It shows examples with on_export_about_to_start() and on_export_finished() and to setup them in your own plugin.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Ah yes, those are workfing for me now, thank you. However, I still can't seem to get nearly enough information about what was exported. As far as I can tell, all I get is the list of files, and I need all the information about the maps.

The TextureSet/Stack/Channel classes provide all the information I need, and I know I can query those on the state of the project. But those can all be overridden in the export dialog, and I don't see a way to get those values. Is this possible?

As a suggestion, it would be much more useful if the TextureExportResult class passed in to ExportTexturesAboutToStart/ExportTexturesEnded had a json_config dict with all the values setup according to what the export was going to do (and did), including all overrides. Also, including both the expression ("$textureSet_color") and resolved filename for each channel.

This would allow us to still use the export dialog (which is a great UI) and also do some meaningful post-processing.

It would also be extremely useful to be able to query the project for a json_config dict that represented the current saved Export Settings (like when you press Save Settings on the export dialog).