Author Topic: Best workflow for Max--Simplygon Cloud--Substance--UE4  (Read 2810 times)

My workflow used to be 3ds Max --Substance Designer --UE 4, but now with SimplyGon Cloud I want to benefit from their technology, but would loose the flexibility of substances. Anyone care to share a good work flow option or thoughts?

Thanks,
Austin Reed

My workflow used to be 3ds Max --Substance Designer --UE 4, but now with SimplyGon Cloud I want to benefit from their technology, but would loose the flexibility of substances. Anyone care to share a good work flow option or thoughts?

Thanks,
Austin Reed

Hi Austin,

With Simplygon, are you just making LODs? Wouldn't the material still be applied in UE4?

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Wes,

I was interested in the their new texture merging tool they included in Simplygon cloud. I guess you could take the atlas and bring it into substance after it is generated and then pipe that into UE4 or Maybe the best solution is to just stay with the LOD generation and then still use painter and designer as normal.

Thoughts,

Austin Reed
Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 06:01:20 am

Wes,

I was interested in the their new texture merging tool they included in Simplygon cloud. I guess you could take the atlas and bring it into substance after it is generated and then pipe that into UE4 or Maybe the best solution is to just stay with the LOD generation and then still use painter and designer as normal.

Thoughts,

Austin Reed

Hi Austin,

Ah, I see. Yeah, you could use the atlas generated as a texture input into the substance. The substance can further modify the texture. Within UE4, you will need to import the atlas image as a Substance Image Type in the import dialog of UE4.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja