Author Topic: Is there a way to influence graph parameters with other parameters (Presets)?  (Read 2337 times)

I will try to explain this a bit better.
I have some color parameters that define a camouflage, but I would like to save some presets in a Drop-Down menu.
The idea is that, when I choose a different preset (integer value) in my Drop-Down menu, the color parameters change accordingly.
Is that possible?

I could use some hacks, like choose a preset OR use the custom colors instead, but I would prefer to have the custom colors being influenced by the presets.

EDIT: I am deeply sorry, this should have gone in the Substance Designer forum...
Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 12:57:37 pm

I will try to explain this a bit better.
I have some color parameters that define a camouflage, but I would like to save some presets in a Drop-Down menu.
The idea is that, when I choose a different preset (integer value) in my Drop-Down menu, the color parameters change accordingly.
Is that possible?

I could use some hacks, like choose a preset OR use the custom colors instead, but I would prefer to have the custom colors being influenced by the presets.

EDIT: I am deeply sorry, this should have gone in the Substance Designer forum...

Hi Mario,

Here is a substance that I created for picking metal reflectance colors. It uses a drop down list to pick a metal, but its actually picking the color value. I  have the Output Color on a Uniform Color Node driven by a function. When this graph is instanced, you will get a drop down menu for the color values.

Cheers,

Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi Wes, thank you for your quick reply, but that is not what I meant.

I attached one image that I hope will clarify the question :)

Hi Wes, thank you for your quick reply, but that is not what I meant.

I attached one image that I hope will clarify the question :)

Hi Mario,

Ah, I see what you mean. Sorry for the confusion. You could make the color an exposed property on a uniform color that is also driven by the drop down setting for presets. I think that would work. In the instanced graph, a user could change the color, but if they choose a preset, that would change it as well. So the first option in the list is for user-defined, which allows you to set the value. The presets will override the user-defined color.

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja