Author Topic: Substance Plugin Update issue making graphs to recalculate  (Read 1151 times)

So, basically, we need a way to replace the substances _in_ the project with newer versions of the same substances. There are a _lot_ of references - in the one subproject I'm using as a test bed, there's over 1500 errors when I remove the folder, and that's not the heaviest one.

What's the best way to pull this off? Assume I've downloaded all the substances again and have new as of friday files but they're not organized the same.

Was getting this error.
/Game/Materials/Textures/Substances/Stone/Beige_SandstoneMAT : Failed import for SubstanceTexture2D /Game/Materials/Textures/Substances/Stone/Beige_SandstoneINST_basecolor.Beige_SandstoneINST_basecolor Referenced by export MaterialExpressionTextureSampleParameter2D /Game/Materials/Textures/Substances/Stone/Beige_SandstoneMAT.Beige_Sandstone__MAT:MaterialExpressionTextureSampleParameter2D_0
Replaced the files in the project, via copying and pasting while Unreal was closed, with a newer version of the file, downloaded friday
That error went away, and now I have

Failed to load /Game/Materials/Stone/Beige_SandstoneINST_basecolor.Beige_SandstoneINST_basecolor Referenced by Beige_Sandstone__MAT
Failed to load /Game/Materials/Stone/Beige_SandstoneINST_basecolor.Beige_SandstoneINST_basecolor Referenced by Beige_SandstoneMAT
Failed to load /Game/Materials/Stone/Beige_SandstoneINST_normal.Beige_SandstoneINST_normal Referenced by Beige_SandstoneMAT
Failed to load /Game/Materials/Stone/Beige_SandstoneINST_roughness.Beige_SandstoneINST_roughness Referenced by Beige_SandstoneMAT
Failed to load /Game/Materials/Stone/Beige_SandstoneINST_metallic.Beige_SandstoneINST_metallic Referenced by Beige_SandstoneMAT

Basically, I think I've come to the conclusion that I need to revert back to 4.22 and replace all the mats (that predate 4.16) with new ones. Is there _any_ reasonably fast way to do this?

Would anyone having this issue be able to send along a project where this issue is reproducible? Doesn't matter the size of the project.

I want to get to the bottom of this problem but cannot reproduce it as described in this thread on my end.

EDIT: We were able to find a project to reproduce the issue with, and are looking into it now. Thanks guys. :)
Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 06:59:15 pm

Hello, any update on the subject ? :)

Our project's migration to the version 4.24 of UE is conditioned by this issue :)

@RenderPub @NotYetVisible @Cpt.Sloth1992 @juangauthier

@GeeksGoneBad
@segev@missingworldsmedia.com 
@Canard

Hey guys,

We have a build with a fix for this issue that we are currently testing. If you would like to test this yourself in your own projects to see if it fixes your issue it would be greatly appreciated!

If you wanted to test the plugin, first join the Substance discord here: https://discord.gg/sKzehNn
Next, dm me or post your discord name so that I can add you to the UE4 beta group. We will be releasing it to the group first, then later to the UE4 Marketplace once we confirm that the issue is fixed.

Thank you for your patience on this issue. :)

Hello, we're in big need for that beta plugin as all of our assets stopped working after updating to 4.24.0.3
Here's the discord name MirceaO#7241

Thanks!

Hello, we're in big need for that beta plugin as all of our assets stopped working after updating to 4.24.0.3
Here's the discord name MirceaO#7241

Thanks!

hey @SEETHREE ,

Added you to the beta group :) You should see it in your channel list. We are aiming to put it on the Discord as soon as we can. What issues were you having updating to 4.24.0.3?
Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 11:41:05 pm

Hello @keston,

Thank you for adding us on discord, hopefully we'll be able to solve the problem.
After upgrading, all of our textures lost references and had to be rebuilt. This process resulted in broken materials due to Substance renaming of the rebuilt textures (it adds a 1 increment to the rebuilt texture so the references to materials gets lost). This happened on all machines after upgrading from 4.24.0.1

Thank you