Author Topic: upresing export doesn't work  (Read 2116 times)

Hi there,

I don't know if this expected behaviour, but it looks like a bug to me. I thought the ability on export from SP to specify a resolution bigger than the one I worked on would recalculate the textureset to be true 4k when I chose it. I made a test where I put the frogskin material on Hans body and exported as a 4k map allthough my work resolution was 1k. The image that was exported was indeed 4k in size, but when I compare it to a texture exported in 4k and the project size was 4k, then I get a more detailed result. If the export to bigger size really just interpolates a 1k image to a 4k one, then why even bother. I can do that in photoshop. The way I understood this was that on export it reevaluated the layerstack to truely generate textures at the specified resolution.

Is this a bug, or simply my misunderstanding?

here two images. Both are just 1k details cropped out of 4k images. The first one is the one I generated at a project res of 1k and the second one was exported with a project res of 4k.

This may be a bug on the export resolution, you should get the exact same result as with a 4k project.
Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 05:35:38 am

i can confirm this... i am getting the same issues :(

Just to let you know that our QA is checking it to see what can be the problem.
Head of Product Management

That's a bug indeed. I have logged it in our database.  :)
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.