Author Topic: [SOLVED] Designer 2020.1.0 update - Memory Usage  (Read 396 times)

Anyone else experiencing a spike in memory usage with the latest update?
Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 09:55:28 am

Unfortunately I have the same issue with SD 10.1.0.
Few crashes due to memory overload  :(

Edit: Switching between graphs fixes the issue for some time.
Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 11:39:20 pm

Yeah I have it using 90% of my 16 gb of ram. Its totally tanked my performance to the point where its hard to work on even simple graphs.

Same here, I have 64gb ram and with this update it goes to 95% on a simple graph. I had no issue before this, also feels like it's a delay everytime you change anything in a graph. Makes it very tedious to work

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for reporting this issue. It appears to be connected to the 3D View and we are able to reproduce it with these steps:
  • Modify the connections in a graph in a way that a different number of outputs are impacted by a parameter tweak than at a previous point in time during the session
  • Tweak a parameter in any node which is part of a stream which renders fast enough that the tweaks impact the 3D View in real time
We understand how disruptive this problem is. We are investigating the issue further and will release a fix as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

Thank you all for your valuable help!

Best regards.
QA Analyst
Substance Designer Team

Thanks Luca!

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for reporting this issue. It appears to be connected to the 3D View and we are able to reproduce it with these steps:
  • Modify the connections in a graph in a way that a different number of outputs are impacted by a parameter tweak than at a previous point in time during the session
  • Tweak a parameter in any node which is part of a stream which renders fast enough that the tweaks impact the 3D View in real time
We understand how disruptive this problem is. We are investigating the issue further and will release a fix as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

Thank you all for your valuable help!

Best regards.

We've just released a new version, please update!
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

Thank you very much and please bigup the guy who added the autosave feature. Just saved my life. ;-)

Cheers
Marvin