Author Topic: Substance Painter to C4D  (Read 17046 times)

Im very excited about the integration of substances into C4D.
Thanks so much for sharing your workflow details of using exported maps with the new reflectance channel in C4D.
I started using this PBR viewport plugin for C4D
http://frostsoft.blogspot.com/2014/12/pixelberg-beta.html
Anyone else have experience with it?
I just noticed while making this post the new update added metalness map support.
That makes the workflow from Painters standard Diffuse-Roughness-metalness-height exported maps more strait forward.
Its a PC only plugin, but its been great for me so far!

Hi guy, so i've been trying to find a good way to export my textures from SP to C4D and this is what I got so far:
I created a setting for exporting my maps in SP:

and in c4D I placed the maps in Roughness in Roughness,the reflection map in the layer color(Here i needed play with the Brightness and Mix Strength), Glossiness map in layer mask and IOR map in layer fesnel in IOR (low values cause the material to reflect almost exclusively in regions at which the camera’s angle of view is extremely low. Larger values cause the reflection to move correspondingly more to the frontal regions.). In the normal map change the method to "object".

Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:08:41 am

This is a very important topic that deserves to be further developed...!
I think would be great to create form Allegorithmic a plugin to dale these problems, as already done for Substance material (from Designer).

Suggestes workflow from chriscousins and from Crizus are great but maybe we need a certain basic set up from Allegorithmic, for every main platform.

Hi guy, so i've been trying to find a good way to export my textures from SP to C4D and this is what I got so far:
I created a setting for exporting my maps in SP:

and in c4D I placed the maps in Roughness in Roughness,the reflection map in the layer color(Here i needed play with the Brightness and Mix Strength), Glossiness map in layer mask and IOR map in layer fesnel in IOR (low values cause the material to reflect almost exclusively in regions at which the camera’s angle of view is extremely low. Larger values cause the reflection to move correspondingly more to the frontal regions.). In the normal map change the method to "object".

Hi Crizus, can you provide to post larger images (screenshots)? Really hard to read something...

Many thanks!

Hi Crizus, can you provide to post larger images (screenshots)? Really hard to read something...

Many thanks!

Hi theiamania, just open the image in a new tab(right click in the image and open in a new tab) and i'm still trying to find a best way to use the correct maps in the right place xD

Okay, thx!

Hi Crizus. I have tried some implementation on my own but you pushed it much farther. Is it the best set up so far or did you get it even better ? Also I can keep Normal map DirectX but have to thick on object to make it work ? Some guy somewhere here said openGL is a better way. What do you think ? Thank you anyway for sharing.

Hi Crizus :) Could You do upload files of .spexp files from You SP ? Some are too difficult for me :( THX and Cheers
Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 09:59:33 pm