Author Topic: [SOLVED] 2D view is stuck on computing and thumbnails disappear  (Read 172 times)

Hello!
I am quite new to Substance Designer and I am struggling to continue learning because every graph I create has the same problem.
Shortly after I start working some of the thumbnails in the graph view disappear and 2D view gets stuck on computing. Library loses all the thumbnails too and rebuilding them does no change. I am still able to make changes in the parameters section and 3D view updates normally. If I try closing the program while it is stuck on computing it leaves the process running in the background. After opening it again I am able to work for a few minutes before everything repeats.
I tried waiting for an hour for the program to compute with no success. I have updated my drivers and reinstalled Substance Designer but the problem persists.
I am attaching the graph I am currently experiencing issues with if that helps. I am working with 2019.3.3 version
Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 05:48:58 pm

Hello Lina,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We appreciate your patience!

First, let us reset some settings and databases in order to try to reproduce the issue from a blank slate.
Please take the following steps on Windows:
  • Close Substance Designer;
  • Press the Windows + R keys;
  • Type regedit and press 'Enter';
  • Select Yes on the system prompt that appears to open the Windows Registry Editor;
  • In the address bar at the top of the window, paste the following address:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Allegorithmic\Substance Designer
  • In the left panel folder hierarchy, select the Substance Designer folder and delete it;
  • Find the following folder and either rename, move or delete it:
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Allegorithmic\Substance Designer
  • Open Substance Designer
  • Open your SBS project file
Does the software behave as expected, and in particular the 2D View and Library thumbnails?
Please let us know the resutls, and we will gladly reassess the problem at that time.

Best regards.
QA Analyst
Substance Designer Team

Thank you! This seems to have fixed the issue

Hello Lina,

Thank you for following up on this issue. We are glad the problem is now solved!

Feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance. Have fun using Substance Designer!

Best regards.
QA Analyst
Substance Designer Team