Author Topic: Texture low resolution upon import and render  (Read 144 times)

Hello,

Iv been searching for a solution and it feels like I'm not the only person with this problem. Its a bug or problem that has been left unanswered.

In C4D in particular, having used several different render engines, including Arnold and Octane. I cant seem to find a solution. The textures, after being imported through the substance asset manager, are super low quality with no detail what so ever.

Iv attached a screen shot, so you can see my settings and exactly the problem Im facing.
Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 02:41:00 pm

Hello Colin,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Please make the following checks so we can better assess the problem:
  • At which maximum resolution can you preview textures in the Cinema4D viewport?
  • It appears you are using the Octane render engine integration in Cinema4D. Does the issue appear using a built-in render engine with native Cinema4D shaders, or is the issue specific to the Octane setup?
Thank you for your help and patience!

Best regards.
QA Analyst
Substance Designer Team

Hello,

thanks for getting back to me!

The maximum resolution i can preview the textures is 2048. But even when i have this set, it doesn't make a difference.

The issue is not specific to octane, Iv tried the C4D render engine, physical and also Arnold.