Author Topic: Stencils not clear  (Read 186 times)

I am new to Substance and an having problems with applying stencils.  Some of them are clear but when I apply them to  certain objects they are blurry and not readable.  My texture set settings are set to 4K. 

Any suggestions where my problem is will be sincerely appreciated.
Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 08:59:09 pm

Is it possible that the polygon(s) for the stencil are stretched in the UV map?

Also, how small is that area on the UV map? You might not have enough pixels to have it come out clearly.

Is it possible that the polygon(s) for the stencil are stretched in the UV map?

Also, how small is that area on the UV map? You might not have enough pixels to have it come out clearly.

I'm not sure what you mean what you mean by the polygons being stretched.  I have smaller objects that are very clear.  Here is one of the other objects on the same panel.

If you have low texel density on that UV Shell when you're projecting the quality will look awful. You either need to increase the UV shell to take up more of the 0-1 UV Space, and/or increase your texture resolution. If your UV Shells don't have the correct aspect ratio you can also stretch out any textures when applied.

Show a picture of your UV map, and circle the part where you tried to stencil it. Also what is your map size? Example: 2048x2048?

If you have low texel density on that UV Shell when you're projecting the quality will look awful. You either need to increase the UV shell to take up more of the 0-1 UV Space, and/or increase your texture resolution. If your UV Shells don't have the correct aspect ratio you can also stretch out any textures when applied.

Show a picture of your UV map, and circle the part where you tried to stencil it. Also what is your map size? Example: 2048x2048?

Thanks that was my problem.