Author Topic: White seam texture issue  (Read 4595 times)

I am generating a Texture2D inside of Unity in realtime and am assigning it to a Substance material property. Once I rebuild textures the result I get has white artifacts on the edges of the texture.
The issue I have discovered is created by substance designer. I have tested the same texture I generate with a none substance material and I don't get a texture artifact so it's substance for sure.

These are two meshes next to teach other with a material that has the seam at the edge.
I have tried various changing various filtering and mipmaping options, yet nothing seems to fix it.

Could you help me out with this?

I am generating a Texture2D inside of Unity in realtime and am assigning it to a Substance material property. Once I rebuild textures the result I get has white artifacts on the edges of the texture.
The issue I have discovered is created by substance designer. I have tested the same texture I generate with a none substance material and I don't get a texture artifact so it's substance for sure.

These are two meshes next to teach other with a material that has the seam at the edge.
I have tried various changing various filtering and mipmaping options, yet nothing seems to fix it.

Could you help me out with this?

Hi,

It looks like the texture doesn't have a "bleed" across the UV seam and thus its creating a seam artifact. Did you create a substance that takes in a texture 2D? Can you send me the scene and substance so I can take a look?

wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi

The issue in your original project comes from the fact that your "Normal" node in your Substance graph is set to tile in h/v directions, and this can cause border discrepancies when applying the resulting normal maps to chunks that are not supposed to tile.

Set the "Tiling Mode" parameter of the "Normal" node to "No Tiling" in Substance Designer and the seams will go away.

Best Regards,
Eric