Author Topic: Weird Textures Export  (Read 329 times)

Hello
I'm having this weird issues when i export my textures..this is an example about the diffuse (i loaded the wrong one as you can see on the right) but the same goes for the IOR/Reflection/Metallic ..

Thanks in Advance!

do we have  any kind of assistance? or asking on forum is not  the right place?

Please follow the guidelines on how to report an issue: https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php/topic,22451.0.html
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

so, after i waited for nothing for so long time you pointing me about i didn't post the log file? ...by adobe changed your state of mind...no worries btw i solved by my self !

BTW here the log file..in case you have time to dig into the problem
Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 01:01:33 pm

:-X

up

:'(

I honestly cannot tell what your issue is other than you're showing two textures that look different. Can you break down what you're doing? As far as I can tell you have a texture on the left, and right that look different and you're saying that exporting the textures are causing issues? Both screen shots look like they're taken from Painter though... Are you re-importing the texture and having this show, or does this show after baking? More information is needed.

I honestly cannot tell what your issue is other than you're showing two textures that look different. Can you break down what you're doing? As far as I can tell you have a texture on the left, and right that look different and you're saying that exporting the textures are causing issues? Both screen shots look like they're taken from Painter though... Are you re-importing the texture and having this show, or does this show after baking? More information is needed.

Are u joke on me?...read the first post i wrote...CIT " i loaded the wrong one as you can see on the right"..the second is the reimported texture ..i also uploaded the  log file as asked and i still not getting any help , but just waste of time and random replies

Are u joke on me?...read the first post i wrote...CIT " i loaded the wrong one as you can see on the right"..the second is the reimported texture ..i also uploaded the  log file as asked and i still not getting any help , but just waste of time and random replies

People here don't have a crystal ball and being rude about it isn't going to make it easier for anyone to assist. Best of luck.

People here don't have a crystal ball and being rude about it isn't going to make it easier for anyone to assist. Best of luck.
i didnt mean to be rude, im sorry..but im feeling like being mocked up a bit  since i explained the problem and i also attached the log file as they asked..and after so long time i got no answer from the assistence...but when i had problem with the payment for the license they were super tempestive..and no one is telling me that they are investigatin or else , i dont have crystal ball too!

If I had the meshes I could check on my end, assuming it isn't an isolated issue.

Here are a couple of things to check if you get strange artifacts on your textures.

1. Confirm you have no overlapping UVs when baking
2. Confirm your geometry is correct on those spots, no extras by mistake
3. Make sure you converted your mesh to tris prior to baking and texturing

If you want I can dive in deeper but I would need to see your High Low, and maybe the Painter file. If you want to send me these I can look on my end. You can use Dropbox or Google Drive and send me a PM if you want it to remain private.

I wont know 100% for sure unless I can actually test the meshes and do what you're doing to see the same results.

If I had the meshes I could check on my end, assuming it isn't an isolated issue.

Here are a couple of things to check if you get strange artifacts on your textures.

1. Confirm you have no overlapping UVs when baking
2. Confirm your geometry is correct on those spots, no extras by mistake
3. Make sure you converted your mesh to tris prior to baking and texturing

If you want I can dive in deeper but I would need to see your High Low, and maybe the Painter file. If you want to send me these I can look on my end. You can use Dropbox or Google Drive and send me a PM if you want it to remain private.

I wont know 100% for sure unless I can actually test the meshes and do what you're doing to see the same results.

thanks for the reply, i really appreciated!
I can't send the model over you due to some kind of nda ( i had the permission just on screen)

I'v checked what you suggested and all looks ok...maybe can be helpfull know that i'm working with UDIM  , and they are not overlapped,..
After some test i did by my own i partially solved by creating FOLDERS , btw i had to split the folders to remove this weird projection and  is not really solved , since the weird "dark halo " is just more transparent.