Author Topic: UV reprojection  (Read 2166 times)

Hi there,

I know that Painter recalculates all the painted layers every time I re-import the mesh, which is great :)
The problem I have, is actually the opposite: is there a way to not reproject the painted data?
What i am trying to do, for example, is importing variants of a base mesh, let's say a naked model, that differs in proportions, but not in UV and vertex ID.
So, what if I want to reuse the painted data I did on a slim guy to a heavy one? Is there a way?

Thanks!
M.

There is now ay right now to deactivate reprojection. You may want to save your texture set as images and then import them as a base Fill layer in another project to have a static base to work on whatever the model.

That's a good workaround.
Thank you Jeremie for your reply :)

Hi there,

I know that Painter recalculates all the painted layers every time I re-import the mesh, which is great :)

What does this actually mean, that I can modify my UV´s and not have to repaint my model?
I looked in the online documentation, but there was no info about this.

Thanks, Robert

EDIT: Ok, I found a video by Wess describing the process, unfortunately this does not work with my obj. It simply doesnt go trough the recalculation process, just loads in the new file so that everything looks messed up. Is this FBX only?

Working with 1.1.1
Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 04:22:01 pm

Tested this with Fbx and indeed have it working.
Would be good to have this mentioned in the online documentation and in the future wiki  ;).

Regards, Robert

The reprojection will works with any file format. I would suggest checking your export settings, maybe there is a difference between the obj and the fbx file that came out from your application.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

The reprojection will works with any file format. I would suggest checking your export settings, maybe there is a difference between the obj and the fbx file that came out from your application.

Thanks a lot Froyok, I will check that out.
I guess adding some cuts in my mesh will create a "disaster" doesn't it?

Regards, Robert