Author Topic: BUG: Unity 2019.2.21f1 and Substance in Unity 2.4.4 on VR project.  (Read 1387 times)

Hi Team,

i'm currently building a project under Unity 2019.2.21f1 and using Substance Source and Substance in Unity 2.4.4 , i always get those errors after downloading the SBSAR files from our Substance Source library of assets.

Does anyone got those too ? For info i've installe the plugins from Steam Valve in order to prepare the project for VR pipeline.

Asset import failed, "Assets/Materials/granite_grey_dark.sbsar" > ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0)
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].get_Item (System.Int32 index) (at <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0)
Substance.Editor.SubstanceImporter.OnImportAsset (UnityEditor.Experimental.AssetImporters.AssetImportContext ctx) (at <c84dad347d4b4c7c97bcf77c1e11b982>:0)
UnityEditor.Experimental.AssetImporters.ScriptedImporter.GenerateAssetData (UnityEditor.Experimental.AssetImporters.AssetImportContext ctx) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/AssetPipelineEditor/Public/ScriptedImporter.cs:22)
UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:Refresh()
SourceUnityLib.Classes.Helpers.SU_AssetDownloader:Update()
SourceUnityLib.SourceUnityWindow:Update()
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:303)

UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:Refresh()
SourceUnityLib.Classes.Helpers.SU_AssetDownloader:Update()
SourceUnityLib.SourceUnityWindow:Update()
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

and

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at HTC.UnityPlugin.Vive.VIUVersionCheck.GetWebText (UnityEngine.Networking.UnityWebRequest wr) [0x00001] in D:\UNITY\XXXXXXXXXXXX\Assets\PLUGINS\HTC.UnityPlugin\ViveInputUtility\Scripts\Editor\VIUVersionCheck.cs:341
  at HTC.UnityPlugin.Vive.VIUVersionCheck.UrlSuccess (UnityEngine.Networking.UnityWebRequest wr) [0x00102] in D:\UNITY\CHILDBIRTH\UNITY_PROJECT\CHILDBIRTH\Assets\PLUGINS\HTC.UnityPlugin\ViveInputUtility\Scripts\Editor\VIUVersionCheck.cs:386
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
HTC.UnityPlugin.Vive.VIUVersionCheck:UrlSuccess(UnityWebRequest) (at Assets/PLUGINS/HTC.UnityPlugin/ViveInputUtility/Scripts/Editor/VIUVersionCheck.cs:397)
HTC.UnityPlugin.Vive.VIUVersionCheck:CheckVersionAndSettings() (at Assets/PLUGINS/HTC.UnityPlugin/ViveInputUtility/Scripts/Editor/VIUVersionCheck.cs:223)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:303)

Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 01:31:16 pm

Hi, i followed the thread here: https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php/topic,32719.0.html

I ended not using the Substance Source Browser, but at least the SBSAR file are loading correctly.

So if you have the same issue, i suggest you to Uncheck the import of the Substance Source folder, under Allegorithmic/Plugins/Substance.