Author Topic: Hello, Everyone - Time for an upgrade?!  (Read 330 times)

Hello all, First time posting!

Anyway, I am looking to upgrade some computer parts so I am better able to run Substance Painter with little lag. I went to pcgamebenchmark.com for a diagnostic, and I'm accepting the fact that I'll have to upgrade my GPU (lookin' at "PNY QUADRO M2000" on Amazon). I have 16 GB RAM and more than enough HDD space. But I'd like to ask is there a Minimum CPU Requirement for Substance? For a low-down on the important stuff on my build see below, but I'd like to get some input. Staying far away from my Chipset and Motherboard is the optimal course. I don't trust my soldering skills to exchange my CPU from my current mobo.

------------
Gabe's (Current) Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA® Quadro® K600 VCQK600-PB 1GB GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Low Profile Workstation Video Card
CPU: Intel Core i5-3350P Ivy Bridge Quad-Core 3.1GHz (3.3GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 69W BX80637i53350P Desktop Processor
Motherboard: MSI Z77IA-E53 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
Power Supply: Corsair CX600, 600-Watt
------------

I also wanted to post my Power Supply specs in case in needs to be brought up for said CPU/ mobo. Any advice will help.

Thanks a Bunch,

-Gabe

Hi, the CPU is not a big factor when it comes to Painter, the GPU is what matters.
If your budget is around $350 I would strongly recommend getting a RTX 2060 instead of the Quadro which will already be obsolete soon (it's already a 4 year old GPU).