Author Topic: Trouble with Mutator inputs  (Read 763 times)

Hey! So I'm having some trouble with automated mutation of a template file that I created. The problem is that when I try to use the --connect-image command line with an .SVG file, it claims that loading it resulted in an invalid or empty resource. I do see this created resource in the new .SBS file. I know the command line itself is solid as I have used the same setup with the rest of the textures and the load and connect just fine, so figure it must be due to the difference in format (the rest are PNG).

Is there something that I need to do to get this command to run? Or something that I have to do to the template to allow it to accept an SVG input?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Hello!
Unfortunately, It seems to be a limitation of sbsmutator...
Effectively sbsmutator should support svg file as an input image, let's make a ticket to hopefully fix that for a next release.
As a workaround you can use PySbs module to edit your template and replace the input node by a SVG node.

Cheers.

Ah, interesting! I'll look into that, I am using python already to drive the command lines so that should be well within the realm of possibilities. I had been thinking that I could also render out 2 of the UV to SVG in different formats to function the same way but your option sounds a bit cleaner.

Thanks for the response!