Author Topic: tile sampler - expose pattern  (Read 841 times)

Hi,

I just wanted to create a substance in designer to be used as an alpha in painter

a tile sampler plugs into an output, I am exposing the basic parameters (x, y amount, pattern)

then I drag the sbsar into the painter shelf, import it as alpha, apply it to a fill mask for a fill layer

I do get the exposed x and y parameters, but not the exposed pattern type (the dropdown with brick, circle, square etc.)

any ideas?

Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 03:07:42 pm

This is a parameter than cannot be tweaked outside Substance Designer, like the Blend mode in blend nodes, once cooked it remains fixed. You will have to find another way to export the pattern.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

thanks for your answer, Froyok!

is there a list of parameters, which cannot be tweaked outside of Substance Designer, available?

They should be in the "Limitations" table in the "Exposing a parameter" section in the documentation of Substance Designer :
https://docs.substance3d.com/sddoc/exposing-a-parameter-102400062.html

thanks Cyrille, good to know. I always found it confusing, what can and what cannot be exposed for Painter, so this list is a great help.