Author Topic: Out of Memory Crash  (Read 603 times)

Hey guys, this is an issue I've had happen many times. I usually work temporarily saving files on my desktop, and this drive is always short on memory. The backup substance files are about 2GB + the original file 2GB + any sculpting stuff etc.

Bug: Application will crash if you save when hard drive doesn't have enough space to save.
Repro: 10/10  Open a .spp file and save on a hard drive with minimal space. Application will crash with some error (I don't recall the error.) This will cause your substance file to do a partial save of the file, leaving it corrupted for future use.
Expected Result: User warning that you need more hard drive space and keep the substance painter program open so that the user can actually save the file.

Please attach a log file : https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/exporting-the-log-file-128745475.html

You should normally get a error message in the log that says we can't save the project because there is not enough disk space. So if you can provide more repro steps I would be interested to know and investigate the issue.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

This happened again however, I forgot to mention I'm on a 2 year old build, since I haven't paid to update to the latest version. That is probably the issue.

If you want help please attach a log file as mentioned above.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.