Author Topic: Separating by Objects not by ID  (Read 105 times)

Hey,

So this is my project in which I am trying to bring Substance Painter into workflow.
https://i.imgur.com/c3Ec1hR.png

As u can see lot of objects bud with same IDs. When I export them out into Substance Painter as one FBX they merge by ID.
Which is literally not usable for my work. Is there a way to work with them in substance painter as objects not as material IDs texture sets??

Thank you for answer ! (:

Which is literally not usable for my work.

Because? Whats the reason to give them the same material if you don't want the objects in the same TextureSet?

Is there a way to work with them in substance painter as objects not as material IDs texture sets??

You can either split you object into separate TextureSets using material assignments, or UDIMs. You can't hide objects independently from TextureSets, if thats what you are asking.
Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 10:20:25 am

Which is literally not usable for my work.

Because? Whats the reason to give them the same material if you don't want the objects in the same TextureSet?

Is there a way to work with them in substance painter as objects not as material IDs texture sets??

You can either split you object into separate TextureSets using material assignments, or UDIMs. You can't hide objects independently from TextureSets, if thats what you are asking.

Well, for example. We are using 52ID Material, every ID represent one type of material. In a bigger apartments we have xy objects but this objects separately can have same ID because they are made from WOOD. So if I export for example living room with couch made of fabric as 1 ID. And different object for example pillow with same ID because its FABRIC too, after export its all together because its same id but different object. Some scenes can contain over 150objects so its easier for me work in unreal/unity with one material having 52IDs. Imagine amount of shaders it would create...