Author Topic: [tdr]Is there any risk in changing the tdr?  (Read 978 times)

Hello,

Substance Painter tells me my tdr is too low and I need to raise it. Is there a risk to the computer doing that?

Have a nice day,

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I've gone through this document and it doesn't explain anything about the material risk of changing these values for the computer. Either tell me where it is.

The edit in the registry affects - as stated on the doc page - how long a GPU calculation can take before the operating system kills the driver.

How on earth would that damage your computer?

I have used Painter in combination with that registry setting - along with everybody else working with the application - daily for several years now without problems...
Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 06:26:18 pm

The only issue could be a very long computation that could freeze the Operating System, forcing you to do a hard reboot. But that very rarely happens.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.