Author Topic: View port disappearing  (Read 183 times)

My model disappearing when I pan out, any solution?
Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 01:12:31 pm

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

Could you explain further the problem or attach some screenshots ? Right now it's not possible to guess what the problem is.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

yes, sorry for the late response, the problem is if i zoom in after a certain point my model disappears from the screen, I don't know how the screenshot will help coz you dont have any percentage or number for zooming in or out. still, i will share the screenshot. and its only after one frame.

Does that happen in any projects ? Do you reproduce the issue with our sample projects ?
-----------

umm, just checked with meetmat, no issue  :-\ can you help still?

Alright, so I have a few questions, please answer all of them:
  • What is the size of your mesh in your modeling application ?
  • In which units did you exported it ?
  • What projection mode are you using in the viewport (orthographic or perspective) ?
  • If you press "F" to refocus the mesh when it disappears, does that help ?
-----------

1. Height - 8.2CM
Maya file - 1.86 mb
Exported Fbx - 776 kb

2. CM

3. Orthographic

4. Yes, and Surprisingly it solved my issue. It will be a great help if you can explain it to me.

Thank you

This could be a bug in our orthographic projection with small meshes, I will have to check.
Pressing "F" recenter the camera around the mesh and can fix some issues sometimes when the camera becomes invalid.
-----------

ohhh !! pressing F worked so, thanks again